November 5

11/05/11: Enjoying Your Trip? | Reversed Sun, Fool

1  comments

tarot-cards-meaning

When my husband and I were getting ready to buy our first home, we used to daydream about how utterly perfect everything would be, once it was ready. There would be enough room for everything! We’d have our  own space and our yard and our peaceful meals in the dining room and the kids would never get underfoot and blah, blah blah. We took to calling it the “magic house,” just a little tongue-in-cheek. You know. Because it would magically make everything wonderful!

Mmmm hmmm. I’m sure you can guess how that worked out. It was pretty and shiny and new, at first. But you bring yourself to wherever you go. We were the same people in a new place, and new has a limited lifespan. The mistake we made in “magic-housing” is assuming that outside factors made all the difference. Outside experiences impact the day-to-day, sure, but they ain’t the be-all and end-all, you know? Your internal experiences is the common denominator, what you carry with you no matter what.

Today’s Tarot forecast is the Inverted Sun (associated, not surprisingly, with the SUN!), and the Fool (Uranus). If you’re not happy, well, get moving, grasshopper! This is YOUR path, your responsibility, your job to find your way. Not mine, not your husband’s, your girlfriend’s or your kid’s. YOURS. Break yourself free (Uranus).

Travel_PicAnd the other thing—it’s gotta be about the journey, always. If you can’t extract your joy, feel wonder and gratitude and passion from process  itself…well, I hate to say it, but you’re kind of screwed. The destination,  that fateful day you actually move in to your magic house? That’s a trifling 1% of your total experience! The glow wears off. The journey, to one magic house or another though, is the other 99% of the gig.

If you’re not feeling the full force of light in your life, right here, right now, then start seeking your own adventure. Because it is your job to find it.

Are you enjoying your trip? If not, is there something you can adjust?

Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot
by Us Games Systems

Schedule a Tarot consultation with Dixie.

Looking for a personal Tarot Forecast?

Dixie works with all kinds of people looking for all kinds of support in confidential, one-on-one sessions.  Find out more about working together or see what her clients say about the experience.


Tags

Major Arcana, Radiant Rider Waite, The Fool, The Sun, Uranus


Share your thoughts!  

Please note: I don't interpret Tarot draws posted in the comments.  Feel free to search the (thousands of) posts here for insight on how I read specifics cards or just hire me for a personal consultation.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

more Magick?

Here are a few randomly relevant articles to consider.